Friday, January 7, 2011

I Love Trenton Dean Futral

Ok so I know I already bragged on my husband recently about my awesome crafting desk he built for me, but I just need to brag a little bit more, even though he doesn't like me to. This morning he got up early at 6:30 when I did, even though it is his day off, and made me a breakfast of pancakes, eggs, sausage and a big glass of milk while I got ready for work. I told him over and over he didn't have to do it but he sure wasn't gonna listen to me. Lemme tell ya, it was delicious. And I appreciated it. So I guess that gesture has me all glowing with love and appreciation but the truth is, I've already been bursting with it lately. So I figured I'd put together a little (ok maybe not so little) list of why I absolutely love and am so proud of my husband. This is by no means an exhaustive list.

~He encourages me. Back when I was studying for the CPA exam, he was my encourager, my coach, my sidekick. He'd sit next to me and read a book while I studied. He'd give me pep talks. It really helped me get through that crazy ordeal. And now, when I'm trying to tackle my new year's resolutions, he extends the same encouragement and "you can do it" attitude that is so helpful to me.

~He is proud of me. He doesn't just encourage me to accomplish something then say adios on the subject. Rather, he expresses repeatedly and in sweet ways that he is proud of me for what I accomplished.

~He always tells me I'm beautiful. Even the times when I have just worked out or my hair is a mess or I have no make up on or I'm a frumpasaurus or I'm feeling fat or I was just crying. Ladies, those cheesy country songs about the guy loving how a girl looks with no makeup on and in her sweatpants can and should be true!

~He misses me dreadfully when I am away. It's really sad. He can't sleep well and goes out to eat greasy food to try to feel better. Aaw. But I'm the same way when he's gone, minus the greasy food...I just eat more macaroni than usual. We are such a part of each others' lives that we don't really know what to do with ourselves when we are apart.

~He has lots of ridiculous nicknames for me like Ray does for Deborah on Everybody Loves Raymond. No, I won't tell you what they are. You may guess if you wish.

~He works very hard in his job, does his very best and is doing lots of good for the youth at our church and our community in general. He has such a selfless heart for service and always tries to put others before himself. He works hard in his little corner of the church but also spends time outside of that volunteering and reading/studying to expand his knowledge and further equip himself for these roles. He is focused on God first and foremost and working hard to bring that into everything he does. This whole youth ministry gig kind of threw us for a loop at first but I think we're really starting to figure out how to work together in it, what expectations there are on him, me and us together and we're loving it.

I love you so much babe. I'm so glad you are a part of my life. And thanks for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment